Monday 15 August 2011

soooo....a blog huh?

well this is me going into the unknown here. never had a blog before, so we will see how this goes huh?

a bit about me first
My name is Benjamin Murch. my interest in trains began due to my grandfather. he was involved with creating the first Double Deck electric trains in the Sydney Suburban area. He had alot of train videos that used to keep me interested, and he makes absolutly amazing wooden models of trains (he made a 3801 model that he said i could have). i grew up loving trains, especially 3801, which i loved to go on any trip she was hauling (my first trip was at 2 years old) and i always enjoyed seeing steam locomotives. As the years have gone on, ive been to the Puffing Billy Railway, the Pichi Richi Railway, Don River Railway, and a few Japanese steam trains when i visited Japan in 2006 and 2010. Ive been on Japanese Bullet Trains, and many trains from America, Singapore and New Zealand. For me, Trains have always been a major part of my life and it dosnt matter if its Steam or Diesel or Electric.

the purpose of this blog is to update my happenings on the railways, wherever i am. i live in Gosford, but i do travel to other places, even states and countrys, where i can get a look at the railways. Unfortunaly, the HSC is coming up soon so my updating of this blog may be limited until it is all over (thank god when it is)

All trains are good to me, but i typically follow Steam trips, mainly on the north and western lines. i havnt ventured south yet but i plan to eventually. there are 3 more steam trips i plan to see this year. The Newcastle Flyer is coming through on Sepember the 10th, an LVR train is traveling through heading north in the next school holiday, and im heading down to Thilmere on the Flyer after the HSC is done to FINALLY have a look around and gather an opinion of the new upgrade myself. Ill be posting photos off all trips, because im just that nice :)  however, dont just think this blog is only on Steam trips. ill be taking photos of Freight movements and electric trains as well

just remember, send me a message if you have a question. ill be happy to answer it :)

a few photos that ive taken, just to start things rolling . hope you enjoy












No comments:

Post a Comment